What's a Canadian doing in North Carolina?
Friday, August 26, 2005
  26 Days with Watkins
I was going to email this to all my friends and family, and then realized how long it is, so decided to finally break down and get my own blog! So, here it is, my very first entry in my blog. I hope I don't bore you to death.

Well, after just 26 days as a Watkins Associate, I have almost enough sales points to advance to the next consultant level. What I need is for people to go shopping and buy stuff! ;-) Good sale prices for August is buy the Aloe & Green Tea shampoo, and get the conditioner half price! Only til the 31st! Some of the extract flavours, Flavoured Salts, and Fish Lover's seasonings are all on special for August. And the Aloe & Green Tea deodorant is still on June special pricing, because Watkins had been having a problem with their packaging company. This is only until the end of September, then its back to regular catalogue price.

You can order on-line at www.watkinsonline.com my associate number is 363337.

In my first month I have used several of the Watkins products myself and have not been disappointed with any of them! The Aloe & Green Tea shampoo, conditioner, antibacterial liquid handsoap, hand & body lotion are ALL just loverly! I love how just a little goes a long way so these will last longer than other possibly similar products I may buy in a grocery store, in the long run saving me money! The Botanical Pet shampoo makes my dogs squeeky shiny clean, and they smell nice too! (unfortunately temporarily unavailable due to packaging problems) James loves the Peppermint Foot Rub after a long day at work. The Laundry Detergent really does help with static cling! I tried it out without using any fabric softener and no dryer sheet, and no static! Of course its summer time and humid as heck, winter may be a different result ;-)

I could not believe just how effective the Insect Repellent is! It works amazing! Even against the North Carolina Coastal mosquitoes, which are about as big as Mantioba mosquitoes! And that's sayin alot! pffffffffffffft on Avon, we tried it and got eaten alive! Try the Watkins! Oh, and Aloe Sunscreen SPF 30. Works good, and most importantly isn't sticky or oily.

I got adventurous in the kichen and was making banana muffins (I had a couple bananas that were too mushy to eat) and added Watkins Vanilla and Cinnamon, even tho the recipe calls for neither. They were really Yummy! I was making some tomato sauce (with my own homegrown tomatoes even!) and added some Watkins Onion Soup Base mix to the sauce, as well as my usual Italian type seasonings, which Watkins also has btw, and it was very good! I surprised even myself.

The Good Tastings bread mix was soooooooooo easy! Just add 12oz of clear carbonated beverage (I used Club Soda, you could use beer or any clear bubbly drink), mix, put it in a loaf pan, bake it and then eat! No kneading, no rising, just mix, bake and eat! Tastes really good hot out of the oven, with melty peanut butter slathered all over it.

I've been substituting the flavour packets in Ramen noodles with Watkins Soup Base mixes. I've tried the Beef and Chicken. Its much nicer than Ramen flavour packets, not nearly as much salt, and no MSG! The noodles are such an easy quick snack, and with the Watkins soup base, much more healthy.

I've also used the Garlic & Parsley Grapeseed oil quite a few times. I put it in the water when I'm boiling pasta, and I cooked a stir fry in it the other night. I loooooooove garlic! and I looooooooove this cooking oil! There are other flavours, or just plain with no flavour as well, but as I said, I just loooooooooove garlic!

In my first month (well, 26 days anyhow!) I have also scheduled my Open House, to be held on September 3rd at the hotel where I used to work. They kindly "comped" me the meeting room for the purpose, in hopes that I will make this a regular habit and become a regular rental customer. I have also scheduled my first Good Tastings party, to happen September 8th, at my friend Juli's book store. And I have signed up my very best friend as a Watkins Good Tastings Associate so that she too can make oodles and oodles of money! So for those in Ontario who were wondering who ya gonna call if you want to have a Good Tastings event, well, call Charlene. (email me for her number if you want) She's ready and rarin' ta go!

I will also be taking some samples of the laundry detergent up to 2 separate Pagan Pride Day events next month, in hopes to garner some customers, and possibly even more new associates, among the Pagan/Earth Friendly community. The organizers of both events have offered me the opportunity without having to pay the vendor fee. In lieu of vendor fee, I will be making donations to a woman's shelter, and of course, the local food banks. I'm cleaning out my cupboards and Watkinizing my entire house!
 
Comments:
Hey! This is cool, chicky! I like your podcast and your descriptions of Watkins products has left me hungry.

Is the insect repellant all-natural? When I visit North Carolina, the mosquitos there seem to think I am a foreign delicacy! I can't find my skin in-between all the bites!

Signed,
Mosquito Bait
 
Hello Anonymous mosquito bait!

no, unfortunately the only thing that Really works against mosquitos is DEET. I've tried several all natural insect repellents, Druide Citronella, Burt's Bees Lemongrass & Citronella, Off Botanicals etc etc etc...nothing works but DEET based products. We were given a free sample of Avon's new Skin So Soft based repellent and we were eaten alive, even while we were spraying it every 10 minutes! I had about 30 bites in an hour. This was as our tent was in danger of collapsing around our ears in a horrible storm on Ocracoke, and in the dark we couldn't locate the Watkins. Finally the tent fell down and we ran into the truck to sleep there the rest of the night. The Watkins was in there, so I put that on, and didn't get any more bites, despite the car being full of biting nasty things that were trying to escape the storm.

The Outer Banks not recommended for tent camping, unless you have a REALLY good tent that'll stand thru a hurricane! Not many will. We got wet, and I think we'll have a hard time convincing the dogs to ever go camping again!
 
Hey Beck... I made myself some mushroom soup for lunch. mmmm yummy. Tomorrow it will be the onion soup and gravy mix ladled over the new poptatoes and steak.

I'm so glad you introduced me to Watkins. The hardest part of ordering is knowing when to stop.
Must consider my UPS guy's aching back. He should be buying the Blue Ice.
 
if you order that much, you should consider signing up an associate. Its perfectly ok to sign up just so you can get the associate discount. And an added benefit is you could make some cash on the side, to pay for your shopping!
 
Hey...just came across your links through the canuckabroad site... funny thing...I am canadian and my wife is american born and we moved to canada together, but we got married in her home state of new mexico...she has been here for 7-8 years and I have been thinking I might like to live in the USA...Im from vancouver, been here all my life, born and bred so the saying goes...even if both of us made $30 a hour and worked overtime regularily, we still couldnt afford to buy a house as the cheapest run down dumps in Vancouver are selling for over $500,000...even in the suburbs as far away as you can get, before there is nothing beyond... a dump there is $200,000...and when i say dump I mean barely liveable, old, gross DUMP :-) something needing to be renovated or torn down and rebuilt...

anyways... just thought id drop you a note to say I was checking out your watkins stuff and yeah it made me thankful the wife just went shopping today and bought a ton of food...cuz it made me hungry too HAHAHA :-)

After reading the thread on canuckabroad about the differences between the USA and Canada i am glad to be here in Canada...just wish houses didnt cost so much and immigrants are the main reason for it IMO... when I was a kid vancouver was a nice size of about 600,000 ppl...now its at 2 million and the born and bred canadian folks are outnumbered by the other kinds from everywhere around the world... thats why the suburbs are so expensive now too...all the good people have packed up and left... :-(
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Well, this Canadian in particular is living with her American husband and 2 Saint Bernard dogs, and trying to get a home based business with Watkins up and running!
If you're interested in starting your own Watkins home based business, take a look at My Shopping and Information Site. Watkins ships anywhere in North America.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a Canadian, married to an American, living in North Carolina since October 2004. To anyone who thinks this wouldn't be such a big difference in lifestyle, wow! think again!

Archives
August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]