What's a Canadian doing in North Carolina?
Saturday, August 27, 2005
  Living with Saint Bernards

I think I've figured out how to post a picture here! Let’s just see if I have any small enough to post....oh wow, lookit that! It adjusts the size even...I like this blogging thing I think!

Anyhoo...when Mum was here in July she took a pic of me and my "family", which is of course, James, George and Bruno.

James is on the couch with Bruno, our male puppy whom we rescued a few months ago. He turned 1 year old at the middle of July, and as of his last vet visit he weighed in at 140 pounds. We figure he'll finish up growing really close to 200 pounds; his feet are about twice the size of George's! As a comparisson, the dog who played "Beethoven" in the movie was 185 pounds when he was full grown. For giant breeds, "full grown" is usually somewhere around 2 years to 2 1/2 years old.

George was just at the vet this week for a booster shot and heartworm test, and weighed in at a slight 127 pounds. I said "is that all?" and the vet looked at me very seriously and said "what do you mean is that all? You want MORE dog?" LOL! George will be 2 at the end of October.

Today the temperature has actually gone down below 30C/86F! This morning is just 22C/71F and quite pleasant for a change. I'm sure it'll get hotter later in the day, but for now, Bruno is taking advantage of the weather and sitting outside on the back porch, watching the bees buzz, and the flutter-bys. George is most definitely an "inside" dog, and only goes out for necessaries. She's asleep on the floor next to my desk.

Well, I'm off to "work"! HA ha ha ha! *snarf*
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Well, this Canadian in particular is living with her American husband and 2 Saint Bernard dogs, and trying to get a home based business with Watkins up and running!
If you're interested in starting your own Watkins home based business, take a look at My Shopping and Information Site. Watkins ships anywhere in North America.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a Canadian, married to an American, living in North Carolina since October 2004. To anyone who thinks this wouldn't be such a big difference in lifestyle, wow! think again!

Archives
August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]