What's a Canadian doing in North Carolina?
Sunday, September 18, 2005
  Ink
Yesterday I went to a local farmer’s market to check them out and see if they had anything we would want to eat (I got some cheese and some fudge). Well, I was wearing a sarong skirt, and a tank top. I walked in there and the proprietor immediately said “hey, I like that armband!” Which is rather unusual in this town, I usually get looked at like I’m some sort of lowlife just because I have tattoos. Some people say their body is a temple, mine is a canvas!

Anyhow, we talked a bit about tattoos. She apparently has one on her back, which was covered up by her t-shirt. I myself have 4. 2 on my back/shoulder blades, 1 on my left arm, and one on my right leg near the ankle. I really would like some more, but haven’t got the money for it right now. I have an idea for a Yin/Yang if I could ever get George and Bruno to lie down together head to head. I’d get a picture then try to draw a Yin/Yang symbol with their heads! Bruno is darker than George, so it would be really cool I think.

Of course it doesn’t help my addiction now with 2 new “reality” shows on TV, one called “Inked” and the other called “Miami Ink”. I prefer the latter show, I don’t know why exactly; maybe it just seems a bit more down to earth. They have some really awesome artists in their shop, and if I was anywhere near Miami, I would definitely go there to get some artwork done.

James says I can’t get another tattoo until after he’s got another one. Why? Because he wants to catch up to me. He only has 3 tattoos. He’s got matching armbands, the same as mine. Well, one is the same as mine, and was even done by the same artist. The second one he got somewhere local, and the guy messed it up so its almost the same, but not quite. And on his back/shoulder blade he’s got a tiger. He got that because he used to be a Tiger Claw fighter. Apparently he was pretty good too.

Tattoos can be very addictive, and yet some people will get one, and that’s it. I know a few people who have one, and have said they’d never get another one. I wonder why that is? How do some people get addicted and others don’t? I guess it’s the same as any other addiction. Some are prone while others can take it or leave it. I love tattoos. I wish I could get more and more and more. Maybe not a whole bodysuit, but I definitely need some more to even out.

Could be worse. I could be into piercings. I could have metal all over my face and body. Personally I just don’t find it very attractive, but to each their own. It’s the same endorphins rush just with different decoration. I wonder…do you have to remove all those when going through a metal detector at the airport?
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Well, this Canadian in particular is living with her American husband and 2 Saint Bernard dogs, and trying to get a home based business with Watkins up and running!
If you're interested in starting your own Watkins home based business, take a look at My Shopping and Information Site. Watkins ships anywhere in North America.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a Canadian, married to an American, living in North Carolina since October 2004. To anyone who thinks this wouldn't be such a big difference in lifestyle, wow! think again!

Archives
August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]