What's a Canadian doing in North Carolina?
Thursday, September 08, 2005
  Lovely Almost Fall Day
Well, thankfully, the temperatures have gone down some here in NC. Its actually less than 80F/27C for a change, and bearable to go outside for extended periods, and even for a walk!

An odd occurance yesterday, James took the afternoon and evening off, so we were able to take the dogs for a walk along the Greenway, and then for a dip in the Catawba River. Unfortunately, we had them on the short leash, and George nearly dragged me into the water with her! She loves the water, and loves "snorkeling". She sticks her head almost completely under, and then snorts and blows bubbles. Its rather funny! Bruno had his first trip into the river, and much prefers it over the ocean. There are no waves to chase him ;-)

We went to see "Land of the Dead" at the cheap theatre last night. We're very grateful that we only paid $1.50 each, it wasn't very good. But then, we're both so desensitized to horror movies, its difficult to find one even marginally entertaining anymore, or that isn't totally predictable. It was however, nice to see pictures from home! It was filmed in Toronto, Mississauga, Klienburg and Brampton, so I recognized quite a few places. I think I even recognized a few of the zombie extras, but its hard to tell! :-)

I've been feeling a bit homesick this week. A couple of weeks ago I bought some bagels at the grocery store, and they were just yucky. Mushy and squishy and not at all bagel-y. If you follow. I started craving Montreal bagels. Then the other night on "$40 a Day" on Food Network, Rachel Ray was in Montreal. Eating bagels! THEN, they showed the episode when she went to Vancouver, and she went shopping at Granville Island market. I love that place! I have fond memories of a couple of friends and a banana cream pie there. *snarf* I wonder if she's ever been to Toronto for that show? I've been craving Greek food. No thanks to Chris for that :-p

Well, I've got a loaf in the oven I must go rescue. TTFN!
 
Comments:
Too bad about the open house. Invite the reporter for your next one. Another story in the paper and local folk may just get curious enough to venture out.

I can see you traipsing after George into the river. Made me laugh. :D I miss her suffles.
 
I think I'll just put a big sign up on my front lawn that says "Now Taking Orders!" I can't afford another open house.

The guys at the Domino's ate well for a couple of days I tell ya!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Well, this Canadian in particular is living with her American husband and 2 Saint Bernard dogs, and trying to get a home based business with Watkins up and running!
If you're interested in starting your own Watkins home based business, take a look at My Shopping and Information Site. Watkins ships anywhere in North America.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a Canadian, married to an American, living in North Carolina since October 2004. To anyone who thinks this wouldn't be such a big difference in lifestyle, wow! think again!

Archives
August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]