What's a Canadian doing in North Carolina?
Monday, September 12, 2005
  Pride and prejudice
Saturday was the Asheville Pagan Pride day. My friend Juli and I went together, and all in all, it was a very good day. Well organized, well attended, with a lot of very good workshops and speakers. Not to mention the vendors, all of whom had such wonderfully lovely things! Alas, I’m broke, so could only afford to spend $20. Well, I couldn’t even really afford that, but spent it anyway! :-p I got some nice aromatherapy bath salts, and a hand thrown ceramic mug with a Greenman face on it for James. I sat in on a Yoga workshop as well as Bellydancing. I’d love to be able to take classes for either or both of these some day. Bellydancing is so much fun!

It was a bit different event than what I’m used to back home in Toronto. There was no after ritual feast for one, no competitive games, and it was held indoors. Here in the Bible Belt tho, this tends to keep away the protestors ;-) It also unfortunately hides us away from the curious but tolerant who will sometimes wander by and end up joining in the festivities. The Asheville event was held at UNC, pushed way back in the Student Union building, beyond the cafeteria, so not too much curious foot traffic on Saturday afternoon. And of course, “somebody” removed all the directional signs that had been put up by CERES organizers out on the roads. I don’t think it was ever really figured out why “they HAD to come down” or whose decision it was to remove them. This I think kept away people who had probably intended on coming, but then couldn’t find their way to the university. Luckily Juli and I had left home early, and the signs were still up, so found our way with little difficulty.

On the 24th there is another PPD event scheduled in Boone, which I will also be attending, barring any unforeseen catastrophes, and assuming of course that I have some money to put gas in the car! Saturday I topped up and it cost me over $23 for just slightly more than half a tank! GAH!

Anyhow, I finally got my re-direct web domain working that James got me for my birthday. For a quick peek, go to http://www.canuckinnc.com and it’ll take you to my Watkins info page, where you can go to either shop, or to get info on the business opportunity. I hope to someday have some money to do some advertising and use this web link to generate some business and new associates. I checked prices for just 1 day print in 5 publications, and 30 days online is about $250. Probably worth it, but I just don’t have that kind of money right now. I suppose I could run up my credit card, but then how do I pay for that later? I’ll be damned sure not to spiral into that hole! We have enough bills piling up, and I’m sure if I opened up a couple of these envelopes, there’s a disconnect notice or 2 as well! Of course, the local power company sends us one every month, whether we pay on time or not, so I’m not too worried about them :-p
 
Comments:
Happy Birthday, Dear Reba,

I KNEW your bday was in August, but for some reason, on that very day, I was really bothered like I forgot something, but then forgot to check on it! What an absolute dough-head!

So again, I hope you have a happy and excessively prosperous birthday, my friend!

Cara
 
no prob chickie! I've stopped counting anyway ;-)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Well, this Canadian in particular is living with her American husband and 2 Saint Bernard dogs, and trying to get a home based business with Watkins up and running!
If you're interested in starting your own Watkins home based business, take a look at My Shopping and Information Site. Watkins ships anywhere in North America.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a Canadian, married to an American, living in North Carolina since October 2004. To anyone who thinks this wouldn't be such a big difference in lifestyle, wow! think again!

Archives
August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]