What's a Canadian doing in North Carolina?
Monday, October 24, 2005
  Catching Up
With this new job, I don’t have a whole lot of time for surfing or posting, so I’ll probably only be updating my blog once a week from now on. So here is today’s update.

Remember a couple of weeks ago, I posted about our friend who was visiting from Australia? And then we had 3 days of rain? Well, here are a few pics of that week. I just got the film developed the other day, and had them put on CD so I could load them up to my photobucket. My digi cam wasn’t working for some reason, I think I need to go buy a new one. Staples has them on sale this week and I’ve got $32 worth of coupons I could use ;-)

Anyway, here’s James and our friend Allen with the dogs on the Greenway park here in town. I can no longer walk the dogs myself, I need someone to come with me, so they don’t get out much. It’ll be even less now that we’re both working, and can’t always coordinate our days off. Starting the first week of November, I’ll be working 12 hour days 6 days a week until Christmas :-p

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here’s a picture of me that James took. We were up Grandfather Mountain, just a few feet more than a mile high, and I was right at the edge of it, with nothing under me but sky. Its really nice up there, and we had a lovely sunny day. It’s a privately owned mountain believe it or not, and they have a wild animal refuge, with bears, cougars, bald eagles, golden eagles and deer. All of the animals they have, save a couple of newly born cubs, were injured and left to die by inconsiderate hunters. They were brought to Grandfather Mountain to be cared for and spend the rest of their lives there, in a natural but enclosed habitat. The cubs were born to one of the injured bears, and will be released to the wild when they’re old enough to care for themselves. The cubs are kept separate from the public, so that they don’t get used to humans and become nuisance animals when released.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And remember the 3 days of rain? Here’s my mucky puppies, who I had to keep closed up in the kitchen until they dried off, because my entire house was getting filthy with mud!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And, just because they’re so dang cute, here’s one of each of them sleeping on the couch. Same couch in both pics, just with different covers on different days. I had to change it because of all the mud :-p

Here’s George
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

and this is Bruno. He has figured out how furniture works now, and makes himself quite comfortable wherever he pleases. At 160 pounds, I’m not about to argue with him ;-)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That’s all for now!
 
Comments:
You know, the picture of you on the edge of the mountain is very similar to one of you a couple years back. Is it the same mountain or are you just prone to staring off into space? ;)

My, how the Stinker has grown. It's good to know he's learning furniture. I'm so proud of my grandpup.

Double up on your echinacea dose to help ward off more colds. If that doesn't work, have some NeoCitran with a shot of vodka. It always worked for me. :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Well, this Canadian in particular is living with her American husband and 2 Saint Bernard dogs, and trying to get a home based business with Watkins up and running!
If you're interested in starting your own Watkins home based business, take a look at My Shopping and Information Site. Watkins ships anywhere in North America.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a Canadian, married to an American, living in North Carolina since October 2004. To anyone who thinks this wouldn't be such a big difference in lifestyle, wow! think again!

Archives
August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]