What's a Canadian doing in North Carolina?
Tuesday, December 27, 2005
  Guess what I'm eating?
I just got my delivery from Canadian Favourites, and I’m eating a plate full of crumpets with cinnamon spread on ‘em. Mmm mmm mmm! For dinner I plan to have a bowl or two of Shreddies. Oh how I’ve missed my Shreddies! Sorry, Chex just doesn’t cut it!

For dinner tomorrow, James will be home, so I’m going to make some Kraft Dinner. I ordered a couple of boxes because he said last week or so ago, that “there’s no difference!” HA! Really all I should have to do is show him the ingredients labels and compare, but the proof is in the pudding. So to speak. ;-)

There’s the kettle, excuse me while I make a cuppa…

Cuppa Tetley tea that is. Yes, Canadian Tetley, not this strange brew they have down here specially formulated for making iced tea. Bleah…as a hot tea, its very gross, so I have to have my Canadian Tetley.

I also ordered a couple of Cadbury chocolate bars. REAL Cadbury chocolate, not the made in America licensed by Hershey’s stuff. Occasionally I can find “real” Cadbury biscuits and such here, but never the chocolate bars. Today I even saw a package of Cadbury chocolates, made in Canada and licensed by Hershey’s USA. I have no idea if they were made by Cadbury Canada, or Hershey Canada, and I knew I had these on the way, so I didn’t buy them. My curiosity is piqued tho, I will have to do some investigating. I know the Cadbury made by Hershey US is just Hershey bars with a Cadbury label on them, but Cadbury made in Canada and licensed for Hershey US is confusing me.

OH OH OH! And I got a box of assorted Laura Secord chocolates too! Yeah, I’m bad, and will probably gain about 10 pounds, but what are the holidays for if not for gaining weight and then go out shopping to all the sales for new clothes? ;-)

I got James a couple bags of his favourite Bits & Bites too. Its become Christmas tradition to have a box full of Canadian Favourites for the holidays, and for James the Bits & Bites. Once again, Chex Mix just doesn’t cut it!

I also made it out to PetSmart today, with my unexpected day off (next few paychecks are going to be pitiful). James’ Mom gave me some money for Christmas, being unable to get out to do any shopping herself, and I’ve been having a heckuva time trying to keep my aquarium from turning green lately, so I went out and bought a new one. New tank, new filter, new stones, the works! We’ll see how this one does, its bigger, with a better filter system. Hopefully Gollum and Smeagol (our 2 goldfish) will like their new bigger place when I get them settled in it tomorrow. I have it all set up now, but I want the water to settle and get to about the same temperature as what they’re in now so they don’t die from shock.

Well, I think I shall go eat that box of Laura Secord and lie on the couch to read “Wicked”. So far its pretty good. Mum got it for me as well as the sequel “Son of a Witch”.

Happy Hanukah and Kwanza!
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Well, this Canadian in particular is living with her American husband and 2 Saint Bernard dogs, and trying to get a home based business with Watkins up and running!
If you're interested in starting your own Watkins home based business, take a look at My Shopping and Information Site. Watkins ships anywhere in North America.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a Canadian, married to an American, living in North Carolina since October 2004. To anyone who thinks this wouldn't be such a big difference in lifestyle, wow! think again!

Archives
August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]