What's a Canadian doing in North Carolina?
Monday, January 09, 2006
  This is January?
I was just outside, running some errands around town, and can you believe it, its 67F/19C out there! This is January? It’s just not right! There should be snow, and cold and wind, not sun and heat and t-shirts! I want snow dammit! Hmph. Now my dogs are going to start shedding again :-p Honestly, Minnesota is looking better all the time. Sure its cold, but they have snow! And I never thought I’d say this, but I miss snow. Winter without it is just wrong. And boring. Maybe I could get a snowmobile.

Well, James’ Mom got to go home again the other day. They drained the fluids again from her lungs, this time via syringe rather than surgically implanted tubes. If the fluid comes back again, I’ve no idea what they’ll do, but hopefully she’ll have some relief for a while.

I found season two of Due South the other day at Best Buy. It was only $16.99, so I picked it up, and James got season one of War of the Worlds. I’ve now watched all of the Due South DVDs that I got, and will have to wait on season 4, as its not released yet here in the US that I can tell. Unless Mum finds it and sends it from Canada that is. I read a rumour somewhere that there may be a follow-up movie, but I’m guessing its too many years now since it was cancelled, so likely not. Ah well.

There’s not much else going on around here really. We’re still waiting to hear back from the franchisee in Minnesota to get some more information about the stores up there before we can make any decision. I looked up on Map quest where this town is; it is really close to Lake Superior, only about 25 miles or so from Deluth. Its closer to Winnipeg than Toronto obviously, maybe family and friends could meet me half way somewhere. The dogs would like it there, summer is cooler, and winter is downright cold! Maybe I could go on a Great Lakes cruise.

I’ll be back to work this week, for a whopping 25 hours. I figured it out, if we keep up with this one week on, one week off, I’ll have a total of about 51 hours per month! :-p Lovely. Half a part time job. And Bush says the economy is picking up. Yeah, right! He’s so proud of himself, saying that so many jobs were created in November and December; the jobless rate went down a couple points. What he failed to point out of course is probably the majority of those jobs were seasonal, and those people are either laid off again, or like me, sharing a part time job barely making enough money to buy groceries. Gotta love the spin eh? Bleah.

Speaking of spin, I hope my Canadian friends are getting ready for the election on the 23rd. I see in the polls that the Conservatives are slightly ahead. Stupid Liberal controversy again….the country is going to hell in a handbasket ya know. And Stephen Harper is holding the handle, you just watch! :-p *sigh*
 
Comments:
Amazon.ca will be shippinf Due Southm The Final Season sometime in the next 48 hours. I chose the slowest, cheapest method of shipping because I am cheap and slow myself.

You may miss snow bit I sure don't. I am very happy with the current lack of white stuff here. That said it will now probably produce a blizzard of epic proportions just in time for the drive home tomorrow. :( ugh!

I see the Polls and cringe. If Harper is elected can I come live with you? Second thought, maybe not.

Falling asleep at my desk. See you soon
luv
mum
 
On the plus side, Harper will probably screw up so bad with a Minority government that he'll be trounced in the next election (when he's inevitably booted by non-confidence), and maybe THEN the NDP will pick up enough seats to form a coalition government with the Liberals. We can dream, anyway.

- Layne
 
could you imagine if by the time everyone gets to the polls, they all go crazy and vote NDP? :-0
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Well, this Canadian in particular is living with her American husband and 2 Saint Bernard dogs, and trying to get a home based business with Watkins up and running!
If you're interested in starting your own Watkins home based business, take a look at My Shopping and Information Site. Watkins ships anywhere in North America.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a Canadian, married to an American, living in North Carolina since October 2004. To anyone who thinks this wouldn't be such a big difference in lifestyle, wow! think again!

Archives
August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]