What's a Canadian doing in North Carolina?
Sunday, February 26, 2006
  Moving Right Along...
Wow, things are moving quicker than we had anticipated! Domino’s called James the other day and told him he’s registered for the final Franchiser training starting Monday! So, he’s on his way up to Michigan as I type this. Its an 11 hour drive according to mapquest, and he’ll be gone for the week. The dogs are suspicious that something is happening because they saw him taking his stuff out to the car, and last time we got all packed up, they got to spend a few days at that fun place. They thought they were going too…poor Bruno was whining and barking for Daddy to come back and take him with :-(

So, I’m at home this week without my Dark Lord, and we have to figure out how to get this house in order to sell it lickety split. The franchiser up in Wisconsin wants out like last month, so Domino’s is trying to get James up there as soon as possible. This means of course that he’ll have to go on ahead without us until he can find us a house and we can get this one packed up and sold. I hope that doesn’t take too long, we had enough years of living apart while we suffered through immigration nonsense!

In the meantime, I’m working part time at Domino’s making pizza, and also trying to keep my Watkins biz held together. This is difficult because at any given time I am not quite sure what’s going on here, so I can’t really schedule things too far into the future. I’ve got a few candidates in the pipe who have expressed an interest in becoming associates, but so far they’re holding out. This is strange, because at the moment, The Summit Group is giving away $25 gift certificates to new associates who sign up before close of business on February 27th. I dunno about you, but I wouldn’t mind getting an immediate ROI of $25!

I do have one Good Tastings party scheduled for March 12th up near Asheville, and hopefully when I tell everyone there that I’m moving to Wisconsin, someone will take up the torch for me to supply my current customers. This party will be a bit different, in that I will not only be focusing on the foods and personal care products, but also the biodegradable home care products like laundry detergent and all purpose cleansers. The host is most interested in those items, as will be most of her guests. We are all stewards of the earth after all. I should tell her to tell her guests to each bring an item of white clothing and we can do a load of laundry while we snack! Heh…that would be interesting!

I just don’t know what I will do with myself this week. I’m only working part time at Domino’s during the evening dinner rush. I suppose I could start packing…bleah…I really don’t like moving. I do it way too much!
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Well, this Canadian in particular is living with her American husband and 2 Saint Bernard dogs, and trying to get a home based business with Watkins up and running!
If you're interested in starting your own Watkins home based business, take a look at My Shopping and Information Site. Watkins ships anywhere in North America.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a Canadian, married to an American, living in North Carolina since October 2004. To anyone who thinks this wouldn't be such a big difference in lifestyle, wow! think again!

Archives
August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]