What's a Canadian doing in North Carolina?
Saturday, July 22, 2006
  Drenched
Last night as I was getting ready to go to bed, around 2am or so, Bruno was pacing the house, doing his pee-pee dance. Y’see, it was thundering and lightning and pouring rain of monsoon proportions and he just did not want to go out in it. James tried to get him to go out, even went with him. As far as the front porch. But Bruno wouldn’t leave the porch, so James brought him back in. And Bruno continued his pacing, pee-pee dance. Then he finally looked at me and said “I can’t hold it anymore Mum!” his tail was between his legs, it was rather funny!

So I got him and George on the leashes and went out the front door. James held onto Bruno’s leash while I took George to the front lawn. She quickly peed so she could get back inside. I handed her off to James and took Bruno. He took a lot longer to finally getting around to emptying himself. We stood in the rain getting completely drenched, while Bruno jumped at every lightning and thunder crack. He then decided to walk over to the car port to investigate there and peed on the pole.

James dried Bruno off and I went in to get myself a towel. George followed me into the bathroom, I was dripping from everywhere. Then I shook my head and sprayed her. *snarf*

Anyhoo…we’re expecting thunderstorms all day today again, but at least the temperature has gone down slightly. The high today is only about 82F/28C. That’s still too hot in my opinion, but not nearly as hot as it has been.

I told Kenny last night that he’d better start hiring some new CSRs because I’m looking for a new job. His only response was “oh, ok” and then about half an hour later he asked if I can work next week because he’s making the schedule. Wonder of wonders! This week’s schedule never did get put up, and next week’s is already done. That never happens!

But then later her tore it off the board and stormed out the back door, slamming it. Wonder what crawled up his butt? :-p

The only one there who seems concerned that I’m leaving is one of the part time shift runners Mike (the former driver now shift runner). He asked what it would take to get me to stay, I said at least 30 hours per week like I was getting when James was GM.

I still don’t get it. How do they justify 2 of the employees getting into over-time hours while I barely get to 12 hours most weeks? My paycheque yesterday was only $115.55; that really doesn’t go very far at all. We went grocery shopping after my shift, and the grocery bill was $109. I have $6 in my pocket to last me til next pay day in 2 weeks time. James is only working these days to cover his insurance premium; his paycheque was about $19 this week. That’s not even half a tank of gas these days.

My shift last night was 5pm to volume. Which means til the rush is over. I left at 9pm, and the idjit that took what should have been my job, was still there. She opened yesterday. So by the time I left at 9pm, I had 4 hours. She had 10 hours, and probably stayed til close. She gets more hours in one day than I get in an entire freakin week! And remember, every hour after 40 hours in a week, she’s getting paid overtime. How does this make any kind of sense? Unless she’s polishing things that ought not be polished, if you follow. *shudder*

Ah well…maybe I’ll get hired at Best Buy and then I can get employee discount on plasma TVs ;-)

I just hope I can find something else soon. I seriously hate working at this Domino’s.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Well, this Canadian in particular is living with her American husband and 2 Saint Bernard dogs, and trying to get a home based business with Watkins up and running!
If you're interested in starting your own Watkins home based business, take a look at My Shopping and Information Site. Watkins ships anywhere in North America.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a Canadian, married to an American, living in North Carolina since October 2004. To anyone who thinks this wouldn't be such a big difference in lifestyle, wow! think again!

Archives
August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]