What's a Canadian doing in North Carolina?
Friday, August 18, 2006
  Up early again
I had to get up early again this morning to go to the newspaper office to fill out all the new employee forms. Yep, I got the job! Woo Hoo!

I forgot to ask if the health benefits include the hubby, so I will have to remember to do that on Monday when I start, but all in all, it sounds like a pretty decent place to work. The job itself is just data entry, which can be tedious, but they guy who interviewed me said its necessary to take lots of breaks so its not too tedious. I can live with that. ;-)

Plus, its only about 5 minutes from home, so I can come home for lunch.

This means that I will have a "normal" job, Monday to Friday, 8 to 5, no weekends, no weird shifts. I may be able to have some sort of life even. Which is difficult to have a social life when you work opposite shifts of everyone you know, like I was when I was at Domino's. And, I'll even have money to be able to go out now and again!

Well, that's all for now I s'pose.
 
Comments:
I am so happy for you! I would do the Happy Dance but Max gets nervous when I move too fast. :)

8 - 5 is a long day. Way better than 4-9 tho'. Regular pay check is nothing to be sneezed at. Being able to come home for lunch means the pups won't be alone all day at least. They'll get used to your comings and goings. I'll bet at least one of them will become your alarm clock even.

Congratulations

luv
 
WOOHOO I'm so happy for you honey! :) I know it will do you a world of good to be out and about working and making some money! :)

I'm doing the Happy Dance for ya Ma! :)

Miss you, huggles
 
well, the pups won't be alone for much more than a couple of hours on Mondays and Tuesdays. Those are the only days James is working now. And once we find out if my insurance covers him or not, he'll be quitting Domino's, cuz he's only been working so he can have insurance.

He'll be a house husband. but I'm tellin' ya, if he doesn't have food on the table and a martini waiting for me when I get home!...

*snarf*
 
Hi Reba,

Congrats on the new job! I am currently unemployed, however once Christmas rolls around, I MAY start panicking...

:-D

xo
Cara
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Well, this Canadian in particular is living with her American husband and 2 Saint Bernard dogs, and trying to get a home based business with Watkins up and running!
If you're interested in starting your own Watkins home based business, take a look at My Shopping and Information Site. Watkins ships anywhere in North America.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a Canadian, married to an American, living in North Carolina since October 2004. To anyone who thinks this wouldn't be such a big difference in lifestyle, wow! think again!

Archives
August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]