What's a Canadian doing in North Carolina?
Friday, September 01, 2006
  Week Two
Well, as mentioned before, this job is particularly tedious, some times I'll just sit there with absolutely nothing to do, and other times I'm completely swamped. And nobody in the office seems to know HR policy, I didn't get my birthday off :-p Now, I knew that I should have gotten my birthday off, but my supervisor and her supervisor didn't know for sure if I was eligible because I'd just started. And HR wasn't answering her messages until after lunchtime on my actual birthday. So I ended up working. But its not all bad, I can take it sometime later as a paid holiday. :-)

SO, I'm hoping to be able to get home for another visit in November. I'm thinkin' that if I combine my missed birthday holiday with Thanksgiving and the 3 paid vacation days I'll be elgible for by then, I can have a full week off! I want to go see the musical play Wicked and it finishes up on November 26th, so I have to get there before then!

And hopefully I'll have enough points for another free airfare! I don't know if I can afford it otherwise.

**********************

Yanno, I often wonder if one works at a newspaper as an editor, writer or printer, shouldn't they at least have a basic knowledge of grammar and spelling? :-p

**********************

Ernesto turned out to be a wet blanket. Its been raining for a few days, yesterday was horrible, today its raining again, but nothing really hurricane-y. Of course he'd been downgraded to just barely a named storm by the time he hit North Carolina, but other storm fronts that came before him from the northeast had already drenched the eastern half of the state. We're soggy here in the hills, but I don't think we'll be flooded. Maybe.

**********************

Its Labour Day weekend and with it comes the SALES! Of course I haven't been paid yet, so I dunno if I can even put gas in my car to drive to the stores where the sales are. hmph. Will have to nick James' bank card tomorrow morning. ;-) I need shoes.

**********************

OH OH OH! James my wonderful husband got me a model of the Firefly ship Serenity. And a Serenity T-shirt.

We're still waiting for our Serenity birthday party T-shirts from back in June.

**********************

Did I mention that on Sunday last weekend we went for a drive up the mountains to Blowing Rock? There's a Big Dogs store there and we got a few new T-shirts. One of which is the "Big Dogs of the Caribbean - Dead Dogs Wag No Tails" *snarf*

Then we drove up to Linville Falls and took the dogs for a walk along the trail there. Its about half a mile in and then back again, but it wasn't too hot that day up in the mountains. It was a nice walk, and the dogs didn't behave too badly. We only came across a couple of other dogs, and steared far enough around them that I didn't get dragged down the trail. One of these days they'll give up the fussin' at other dogs and just be nice and polite. One of these days.

It was a nice day anyway, we don't get out nearly enough with the dogs, we usually just walk them around the neighbourhood at night time, like after 10pm. Most of the other dogs are either inside, or in their pens by then, so we don't worry much about them running out at us. And its cooler at night time, its still too hot during the day. A few days this week it was over 95F still, one day it was up to 99F! ugh. Too hot!

********************

Well, I'm off! There's a Stargate SG1 Marathon on tonight!
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Well, this Canadian in particular is living with her American husband and 2 Saint Bernard dogs, and trying to get a home based business with Watkins up and running!
If you're interested in starting your own Watkins home based business, take a look at My Shopping and Information Site. Watkins ships anywhere in North America.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a Canadian, married to an American, living in North Carolina since October 2004. To anyone who thinks this wouldn't be such a big difference in lifestyle, wow! think again!

Archives
August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]