What's a Canadian doing in North Carolina?
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
  Google's coming to town!
Ok, besides the fact that it would seem Google has taken over BlogSpot (I just noticed that now!) Google has announced they are opening up a facility nearby in Lenoir, North Carolina!

Woo Hoo! I checked their website for job listings, but nothing yet. They have to build it first I think, so it may be a while. But I emailed them just to check to find out when :whistle: ;-)

A tech job at Google would be sooooooooooooo much betterer than I'm doing now at the paper. Money aside, I'd be dealing with a computer farm, and not irate subscribers who haven't received their paper since Christmas, and not Sales reps who have forgotten the definition of "deadline".

I had such a day today, to top off several weeks of such days, I made no bones about the fact that Google will be hiring soon. :-p And a lot of them know my background is with computers.

Can you imagine? Most folks around here aren't used to making much more than minimum wage. Apparently the "average wage" at Google is over $48K per year, plus benefits. Honestly, that's more than twice what I make now. But still less than what I was making at my last job at JDE in Toronto. Near the end there I didn't much like the job anymore, but the $50+K per year and 4 weeks vacation almost made up for it. ;-)

Well, we'll see how quickly Google gets built. I may go completely round the bend by then and end up in Broughton. (the local loony bin).

House isn't on tonight. Stoopid state of the union address. bleah.
 
Comments:
This wasn't here yesterday! Says you posted it on Tuesday, now it's Sunday. I read the update last night. I already knew most of it because you phoned too! :)
A job at Google would be mucho betterer than where you're at now.
I hope they have the smarts to hire you. James too, if wants it.
Now he's decided the Pizza biz isn't for him afterall.
 
I'm having issues logging into the new blogger, run by Google :-p The other day I was having issues publishing this post.

Yeah, Google's great! bleah :-p
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Well, this Canadian in particular is living with her American husband and 2 Saint Bernard dogs, and trying to get a home based business with Watkins up and running!
If you're interested in starting your own Watkins home based business, take a look at My Shopping and Information Site. Watkins ships anywhere in North America.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a Canadian, married to an American, living in North Carolina since October 2004. To anyone who thinks this wouldn't be such a big difference in lifestyle, wow! think again!

Archives
August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]