What's a Canadian doing in North Carolina?
Monday, January 29, 2007
  Issues...
I've been having issues with Google and trying to log into my account for the past 2 days. For some reason even though I've got cookies enabled, it wouldn't let me log in. Right pain in the butt. But it seems to be fixed now. Til tomorrow :-p

Anyhoo...about the dog. First thing this morning when I arrived at work, I called the shelter to find out if anyone had called to claim the dog, the guy said "I dunno, we just got here half an hour ago, we haven't even looked at the drop off sheet yet!" ugh....so I let him know that I would put an ad in the paper, and I asked him how long they'd keep him. He said til Wednesday only, then if Burke County Friends doesn't want him, he'd be euthanised. I said I'm not going to let that happen! Nope, no way!

As I was on hold with Classifieds, I asked around if anyone could fit a dog into their family, and one of the ladies at work called her boyfriend's mother, who is apparently looking for a dog.

Then I went about my usual morning business. Back and forth from the front desk to the sales area, and back again. On one such trip, maybe about 10am I guess, when I got back to my desk, Glenda said "hey, this guy is looking for his dog!"

Turns out the dog was just here in town visiting for the weekend. The gentleman who came into the office to put an ad in the paper said it was his mother-in-law's dog, and she had come to visit and the dog had managed to get out the door without anyone seeing. They didn't notice for a while, when it was already too late. They looked all over, but couldn't find him,
and Mother was devestated.

I told him I'd found the dog wandering around Bi-Lo parking lot, and he said "wow, we live in Drexel, that's about 3 miles!" No wonder the poor guy was hungry!

I told the man that the dog was up at the shelter and I hoped he'd not been too traumatised by living the weekend in a cage all alone. He left without me getting his name or anything to check up on the poor dog later.

I do hope he is ok, and none the worse for wear. He's an old dog, and maybe not many years left in him, but he's a good dog, and I'd hate to hear that he'd been so scared by his experience that he's not the same.

Maybe the gentleman will call or stop by to let me know. He seemed very grateful that I had done what I did, even though it wasn't much.

My good deed for the week. :-)
 
Comments:
He would have been just right for me then. I'm a mother-in-law who visits from time to time. Keep the visits short so I'm welcome back next time. I'm happy it was a happy ending.

I'm not sure what's possessed George. Looks a little like it could be the same demon had our Stupid Cat. I know I know that look.
 
Ok, now this is weird. I know I've had other comments here and somehow they're gone.

hmmm...methinks Google is having some issues :-p
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Well, this Canadian in particular is living with her American husband and 2 Saint Bernard dogs, and trying to get a home based business with Watkins up and running!
If you're interested in starting your own Watkins home based business, take a look at My Shopping and Information Site. Watkins ships anywhere in North America.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a Canadian, married to an American, living in North Carolina since October 2004. To anyone who thinks this wouldn't be such a big difference in lifestyle, wow! think again!

Archives
August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]