What's a Canadian doing in North Carolina?
Sunday, January 21, 2007
  Update
Well, we decided to move suddenly one day. Or rather, James did. He called me at work one day and said "I'm moving stuff over to the other house, it will now be our primary residence". So, here we are now. And we were without internet access here until the other day, as it took an entire month for the local cable company to hook us up :-p They suck.

Anyhoo...for those who didn't get caught up in the mass email that I sent out earlier this week, James also recently decided totally *against* starting up his own Domino's franchise. So, no move to Hendersonville either. The former being just fine and dandy with me, I wasn't too keen on it to begin with, but I really would like to move out of this hick town with nothing to do! Which of course is still an option, but we'd have to find jobs first in order to do that. bleah.

So I'm still at the Morganton News Herald only now I'm working at the front desk as co-receptionist/data entry. I don't much like it, but we need the medical insurance so I'm kinda stuck for the time being. I was recently diagnosed with Grave's Disease which is an auto-immune that knocks the thyroid totally out of whack. I'm taking 20mg of methimizole per day to try and get that all back into order. According to the endocrinologist I saw, he said Graves' mostly goes into complete remission after a couple years of treatment, and usually doesn't come back for most patients, so I guess that's an ok diagnosis. Left untreated however, it could have killed me eventually, so its lucky that Burke Primary Care does Thyroid levels in the routine blood work at yearly check-ups!

It is freezing rain today here, we had hoped for snow, but no luck. Again. Should be fun at work tomorrow. NOT.

We are currently considering a trip to Ireland perhaps this year sometime. If we can find the money, what with James being an unemployed bum at the moment. I thing what would really kill us is the airfare, otherwise the trip could be done "on the cheap" as they say. We'll see.

And congratulations go out to friend Becky and her husband Jerry on the birth of their first child Emma.

More congratulations to Cousin Dee and her boyfriend John as they are expecting a baby in the summer. Her first, (at age 41!) and his 3rd. He has 2 girls from a previous relationship. Both girls are in their teens, and are excited about a baby sister or brother. If its a boy, Dee says John wants to name it Junior. Yuck! There are quite enough John's in the world John! Be original! Sheesh! ;-)

Our smelly fur-kids are going for baths on Tuesday. Thank the Gods! They were supposed to go the other day, but it was freezing rain and yucky and George had broken one of her claws completely off when she tripped UP the basement stairs, and I figured she's not going to want to spend the afternoon standing in soapy water. But my goodness they stink! Its been a while since they had a bath. Like before Halloween. Yuck!

We had a great Christmas here, I got lots of new music CDs, and a ZUNE MP3/Video player. So next time I'm travelling by air, I won't have to lug around my portable CD player and CDs. YAY! Woo Hoo! I got James a CD player stereo for his pick-up, it sounds pretty good.

Oh, and last weekend we made our annual pilgrimage to Asheville to see Enter the Haggis in concert at the Grey Eagle. They're now playing larger venues because the pubs just won't fit all their fans anymore. We got there early enough for close seats :-) They're still great, and we bought their latest CD Soapbox Heroes, as well as their PBS special DVD Live at Lanigan's Ball.

And hopefully by summertime I will have my Bowflex body! We got new exercise equipment all set up in the basement, with a Bowflex and another weight machine of namebrand I can't remember at the moment. James somehow cracked his sternum the other day, so can't do anything for a few weeks, and with my Grave' disease my muscles are always sore, but I worked on the Bowflex a bit yesterday, and its a pretty good workout. I'm stiff and sore today, but should be ok to do 15 to 20 minutes tomorrow after work, depending what type of day it turns into. If the past 2 weeks are any indication however, I'll be completely knackered when I get home and will just want to crawl into bed. I swear, you'd think you need to be a brain surgeon to deliver newspapers around here :-p

Well, I think that's about it. Drop a line so I know you're still alive!
 
Comments:
Tis about time you are back on here! :) Miss you, great talking to you the other night! Huggles and Wiggles
 
Hey!

I saw Enter The Haggis two summers ago at Richmond Hill's Concerts in the Park and LOVED them! I bought their CD, Casualities of Retail -- thought it was wonderful.

Anyhoo - glad you got a chance to see them.

FYI - I had an awesome time at Wicked...thanks for encouraging me to spend the $$$ - it was well worth it!

Cara
 
Glad to see you didn't drop completely off the face of the earth! :-)

Hugs!!

- wolfie
 
Had started to worry as to where you were ........ great to see you back and posting :-)
 
I've also moved computers too folkses, and when I tried to save all my address book and favourites with all your blogs and whatnot onto CD, it didn't work for some reason.

I'll get it figured out sometime, but if in the meantime you email me your URLs again, I won't complain. ;-)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Well, this Canadian in particular is living with her American husband and 2 Saint Bernard dogs, and trying to get a home based business with Watkins up and running!
If you're interested in starting your own Watkins home based business, take a look at My Shopping and Information Site. Watkins ships anywhere in North America.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a Canadian, married to an American, living in North Carolina since October 2004. To anyone who thinks this wouldn't be such a big difference in lifestyle, wow! think again!

Archives
August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]