What's a Canadian doing in North Carolina?
Sunday, February 18, 2007
  Did you $%&**!!! SEE THAT!?
I got sidetracked this afternoon and finally remembered the Daytona 500 and joined in with only 41 laps to go. I was suprised to see so many cars still on the track.

But holy shit, the last half lap was tongue chokingly intense! Check this out..

In his 23rd Daytona 500, Mark Martin came within .02 of a second of winning his first Daytona 500. Instead, Kevin Harvick completed the fourth Busch-Cup weekend sweep at Daytona. The win comes six years to the day this team lost its driver and NASCAR lost an icon, Dale Earnhardt. Behind Harvick and Martin, Harvick's Richard Childress Racing teammate Jeff Burton finished third and then all heck broke loose as several cars crashed and another RCR driver, Clint Bowyer, crossed the finish line on his hood in and was able to escape his car as it caught fire.


He slid across the finish line, upside down, and on fire! That's gotta be a new one!

Wooooooooo! George thought I was having a seisure or something, I was flailing and yelling at the TV "get out of the car, get out get out! Holy $$** dijoo see that? He's upside down! He crossed the finish line upside down George!"

James isn't home, he's out playing D&D.

I gotta say I LOOOOOOOOVE my HD TV. The race looked awesome, almost as good as being there.

Woo, what a finish!
 
Comments:
Oh, Emma and I saw that! I also saw my favorite driver win by 2/100ths of a second -- too cool!
 
didn't see it. Heard about it tho'. Hard to miss. Wish I hadn't been busy.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Well, this Canadian in particular is living with her American husband and 2 Saint Bernard dogs, and trying to get a home based business with Watkins up and running!
If you're interested in starting your own Watkins home based business, take a look at My Shopping and Information Site. Watkins ships anywhere in North America.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a Canadian, married to an American, living in North Carolina since October 2004. To anyone who thinks this wouldn't be such a big difference in lifestyle, wow! think again!

Archives
August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]