What's a Canadian doing in North Carolina?
Sunday, February 11, 2007
  Shindig
Well, once again we’re boosting the signal, and on June 23rd, around the world people will be gathering to watch the movie Serenity.

Why? Because we can. And because we’re probably just a little bit weird.

Yesterday I spent the day with a couple of Charlotte Browncoats http://lifeandstuff.com/cantstoptheserenitycharlotte/ at the Morganton Comi-Con. It was kind of pathetic turn-out sadly, but it was subsidized by the city, and for some strange reason, not at all advertised! I work at the newspaper, and I didn’t even know about it til the Charlotte Browncoats emailed me to say they’d be there! Pathetic! Which is a remark on the city and Con organizers, and not at all directed toward the Browncoats.

It was a fun day regardless. We sat watching episodes of Firefly on a laptop, and talkin’ about Joss Whedon, comics, comics written by Joss Whedon (there are lots!) and Sci-Fi/Fantasy in general. As well as other topics that meander their way into conversation.

We got ourselves some comic books, (Astonishing X-men and Serenity for me and some Deathstroke for James) and a couple of promo cards (Firefly and Stargate – TV show) and Stargate movie collectible cards set.

Anyhoo….remember last year James and I went to Charlotte to see the movie? We’re doing it again this year, and again proceeds will be raised for the charity Equality Now. http://www.equalitynow.org/ It’s happening all over the world… Canada, USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Austria…

If you don’t see a city near you listed, why not get one going yourself? You’d be surprised how great it is to sit in a movie theatre to watch a favourite movie with other people who feel the same way you do. And it’s a good cause.

This could be the next Rocky Horror Picture Show. ;-)

Yeah yeah, someone somewhere is yelling “blasphemer” at me, I know. So sue me :-p

But I am seriously considering getting myself a nice frilly dress for the shindig.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

*snarf*

**edit** sorry if you're getting the dreaded scroll bar, but for some reason, I can't get the pic to shrink. I shrunk it! It won't shrink!
 
Comments:
I will pay money to see you in a frilly dress. Really! Maybe I could time one of my flying visits for the next one. :)
 
I suppose I'm in the right place to buy the frilly hoop dress too eh? :-p
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Well, this Canadian in particular is living with her American husband and 2 Saint Bernard dogs, and trying to get a home based business with Watkins up and running!
If you're interested in starting your own Watkins home based business, take a look at My Shopping and Information Site. Watkins ships anywhere in North America.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a Canadian, married to an American, living in North Carolina since October 2004. To anyone who thinks this wouldn't be such a big difference in lifestyle, wow! think again!

Archives
August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]