What's a Canadian doing in North Carolina?
Saturday, June 23, 2007
  Well, its been a week!
My car is fixed, and certified for another year. But let me tell ya what they did...

Monday James took my Escape to the shop to get the door fixed. They took it all apart and called later to say they need to order a part, they'll have it all ready for us Tuesday in time for us to get to George & Bruno's obedience class.

Tuesday rolls around, they call back and the part that was delivered was the wrong part. But we still need to get to obedience class in the evening, so we go over at lunch time to pick up my truck. With the driver's side door still taken apart and for some stupid reason, the front passenger side window wide open. And because the driver's side door is torn apart, the master controls for the window and door locks are in-operable. No worries, we'll drive to Hickory with the window down.

Then it started to pour down rain about 4:30 - 5:00! Of course! I got drenched driving home from work, the car interior got soaked, and we had to call and tell our instructor that we would not be at our first class because our car is broke.

James took the truck back the next morning and told them he was not at all pleased that they'd left the window open. Me, I'd have made for damn sure just *exactly* how I felt. Which is why He went, and not me I guess :-p

Thursday morning I took George to the vet where she spent the day anesthetised and being x-rayed. She's got hip dysplasia. The vet gave her some pain meds, and said to start her on the glucosamine/MSM supplements again in a week. But they made her throw up all over the place when we gave them to her before, so I've been feeding her the Watkins Linnimax glucosamine supplement for a couple of weeks now. She doesn't throw up with that one. I think *not* throwing up is much better! So does George!

James went to pick George up in the evening, and the vet in the office for the day was the woman one. I've never met her, but she really rubs James the wrong way, and is apparently quite rude. She showed James the x-rays and I guess tried to make him feel responsible for her dysplasia. Kinda stupid really, considering its generally understood to be a genetic disease. :-p I think for George's follow up appointments, we will ask specifically for an appointment with Mark the head veterinarian there. He's much nicer. And not so rude.

Y'see this is part of the dangers of puppy mill breeding. This is how we figure George came into the world, as we never did find out where her "breeder" is. The young woman we got her from had conveniently "forgot" where to find the breeder, her name, and phone number so we were unable to contact her to get George's background information. We suspected we'd be in for some later health problems, and well, here they are. Our poor George is whining and groaning in pain most of the time because of selfish greedy back-yard puppy mill owners. IMO, they should all be tied up and publicly dragged through town behind the dog catcher's truck, and then tossed in a cage 3 sizes too small and live there for the rest of their sorry little lives. :-p

Hopefully we will be able to treat George's pain and reverse some of the joint damage with supplements. Hopefully she won't need surgery. I couldn't stand it just being at work while she was having x-rays!

Last night was the series finale of Stargate SG1, and now I'm all sad. It was a good episode, and when it was over I just had to wonder if Sam ever got together with Cameron or T'ealc in all of that time. Or even General Landry. Or all of them ;-) 50 years on a ship going nowhere, Daniel and Vala can't be the only ones gettin' any!

I will miss them. But I'll get to meet some of them at Dragon*Con on Labour Day weekend! ;-)

Tonight is the Can't Stop the Serenity screening in Charlotte. We'll be leaving here at around 3:30 to go down there and help get set up for the evening. George & Bruno will be home alone for a really long time! I think we'll have to just leave the back door open for them and turn the a/c off. Hopefully it won't be 90F today. Its been pretty muggy the past few days. But 8 or 9 hours without getting out for a pee is a long time. They're usually quite desperate by the time we get home if they're left that long. As I'm sure you could imagine!

I have an extra long weekend this week. With the slow-down at work, I had Friday off, and I have Monday off as well. Its inventory next week, which was already scheduled for Friday, so they couldn't make that our day off, and switched it to Monday. The following week we'll be on our Summer schedule of Friday's off until further notice. They're hoping (they say) that it'll be just for July, but I get the feeling it'll likely run through August as well.

At least I have a job...

Well, that's enough. I'm going to go see about getting my hair cut today, and need to get that done before we head out to Charlotte.

Catch ya later!
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Well, this Canadian in particular is living with her American husband and 2 Saint Bernard dogs, and trying to get a home based business with Watkins up and running!
If you're interested in starting your own Watkins home based business, take a look at My Shopping and Information Site. Watkins ships anywhere in North America.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a Canadian, married to an American, living in North Carolina since October 2004. To anyone who thinks this wouldn't be such a big difference in lifestyle, wow! think again!

Archives
August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]