What's a Canadian doing in North Carolina?
Tuesday, January 01, 2008
  Happy New Year!
I woke up this morning, got out of bed, shuffled to the kitchen to make coffee and bleah....the coffee maker crapped out on me! :p I had to go to K-Mart and buy a new one. Luckily, Proctor Silex were on sale for only $10. I'm tired of paying more than that for an appliance that's only going to last a couple of years. I don't remember what I paid for the Mr. Coffee that just died, but its about 4 years old maybe. I know I brought it with me when I moved here, and I've been in NC now 3 years+.

It was a nice fancy one too, with a clock and timer function so that I could set it to have my coffee ready for me when I wake up. Which I never bothered to use really, because it always ended up tasting funny from the water sitting in the machine overnight er sumthin, plus to save electricity, I always unplug the machine after we've finished the pot. So the el-cheapo without clock and timer will suit us just dandy.

I tried to find a French Press, but I guess folks here in Morganton don't need such things, because K-Mart didn't have any. I may check the Kitchen Store sometime, but they're so overpriced on everything over there! Maybe the sports supply will have a lexan one in their camping gear section. Or maybe I can just order one on-line from somewhere. I dunno what I'd do without coffee if the power were to go out for a couple of days. We're due a good ice storm, it seems to have missed us the past couple of years, but 2 years ago, the power was out here for about 3 days. I don't even want to imagine the headache and cranky from no coffee for that long! Of course, I have my one cup drip in my camping gear, but ... *sigh*... that's just too much work, and only one cup at a time, it'd be a waste of stove fuel to have to keep boiling water every half hour. ;-)

Well, we didn't do much of anything last night for New Year. I did buy a bottle of bubbly and some strawberries and I made some chocolate pudding and put the strawberries on for dessert, and then we drank the bubbly while watching Top Gear and then Whose Line Is it Anyway, and then went to bed.

Forecast for tomorrow is calling for snow. I'll believe it when I see it. Today is sunny and warm (yesterday was 55F!). Where is Winter?
 
Comments:
Max and I had a quiet night too.
I fell asleep watching CSI on Spike. I think it was the last one of the marathon, not sure. I woke up a couple hours later. Watched an old Fred & Ginger movie, dropped off again.

I just spent 45 minutes shoveling the driveway. There was a sugar dusting overnight, then real wet snow for a few hours today. We had about four inches accumulated, a little deeper where it swirls around the side of the house. Good thing I've been keeping the shovel right outside the door.

At least i didn't have to drive in it. Hopefully, there won't be more tomorrow.

mumma
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Well, this Canadian in particular is living with her American husband and 2 Saint Bernard dogs, and trying to get a home based business with Watkins up and running!
If you're interested in starting your own Watkins home based business, take a look at My Shopping and Information Site. Watkins ships anywhere in North America.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a Canadian, married to an American, living in North Carolina since October 2004. To anyone who thinks this wouldn't be such a big difference in lifestyle, wow! think again!

Archives
August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]