What's a Canadian doing in North Carolina?
Tuesday, January 03, 2006
  I'm bored
I suppose I could mop the floors. Again. But its still all muddy outside from rain all day yesterday, so really what’s the point?

Yet another vacuum has burned out because of the Carolina dirt in here. Its like clay and it gums up the works, so yesterday while vacuuming the rugs, the belt fused itself to the roller brush. *sigh* This is the 3rd one since I moved here. At least this one is fixable I think. I just ordered a new brush and belts, hopefully that’s all it is. I didn’t notice anything else burned up.

James had to take his Mother to hospital again yesterday. She called him at work to ask him to take her to ER. Anyhow, she’s got more fluid in her chest, they didn’t know how much just yet when James finally left the hospital (after being there with her several hours), and he hasn’t called me yet today since he left for work. I’m assuming no one has called him to let him know what’s happening, which wouldn’t surprise me.

I did try to see about getting organized for our AOS interview next month, I looked at the checklist of required documents, and that was about it. There’s not much we can do at the moment, I’ve pretty much been keeping the files up to date, so that I won’t be scrambling to gather stuff at the last minute. The only things we would need are employment verification letters, and an updated Affidavit of Support; which all should be dated closer to our interview, so we’ll hold off on those a couple of weeks. Not to mention of course, I may not be employed at the same company by then, so I’ll just wait.

James got a little bit more information about the Domino’s franchises, but still needs to talk to the franchiser who is selling before we can make any decisions about anything. The whole thing is moot if we can’t get financial backing in time, someone else may just snap it up tomorrow.

I’m bored. There’s nothing on TV in the daytime. I could go shopping, but James is off tomorrow, so he might want to go to Hickory too. I found Due South season 2 for really cheap at Best Buy, and the Hickory store should have some in stock. Or so their website says. They don’t have season 4 yet, I don’t think its released in the US for some reason. They have the final 2 episodes, but not the whole season. Which makes no sense whatsoever, but there ya go.

Plus, if I go out, I have to put the dogs out in the yard, which means more mud in the house when I get home. I’m very tired of cleaning and mopping and sweeping and blah blah blah…I do it and 10 minutes later it looks like I haven’t cleaned in a month. Its very frustrating. I wonder what it would look like if I actually didn’t clean for a month? This is a house the Munsters would be proud to live in :-p If we could just do something with the dogs’ yard so its not so muddy, that would help. But what to do? Stones? Mulch? Concrete? It rains so much here, grass is useless with the dogs outside all day long. They dig, run around, jump and wrestle and the grass just slides away. If we do stones, that won’t be too comfortable for them to play on, plus when we clean up, stones won’t digest in the poop digester. We’re afraid if we put mulch down that George will eat it. She likes to eat wood for some reason. And concrete will be very expensive.

Ah well, another day another headache.
 
Comments:
OK, I get the message... Due South 2&4 plus H20. Maybe in time for your birthday. ;) I'm short on funds at the moment. For the wedding, if you can get James on a plane, I'll come down and babysit my favourite grand dogs. The professional dog sitter could do the walks (I'll tag along if allowed), I'll feed and water and play in the yard. And vacuum. :)

It would be good for you and James if he had his own franchise, but neither of those on offer sound like a great deal.
The Buffalo idea has some merit, but anywhere in Upper New York State would be good. I think your James would be happier somewhere along the Hudson.

I will be booking some vacation time, probably MArch again. Gen is going home to India and Dubai for February, Margie is leaving for Florida the first of April. So It's MArch or go nuts. Not a long way to go, really.

Sorry to hear Nixie is back in hospital. Keep me posted. I don't sign on at home much anymore. I need a new machine.
I'll need to find someone to take me shopping. I know less than nothing about what's good and what's not so good.

Hug the James, scritch the pups,
luv you, miss you
mum
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Well, this Canadian in particular is living with her American husband and 2 Saint Bernard dogs, and trying to get a home based business with Watkins up and running!
If you're interested in starting your own Watkins home based business, take a look at My Shopping and Information Site. Watkins ships anywhere in North America.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a Canadian, married to an American, living in North Carolina since October 2004. To anyone who thinks this wouldn't be such a big difference in lifestyle, wow! think again!

Archives
August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]