What's a Canadian doing in North Carolina?
Sunday, February 18, 2007
 
Chocolate Vodka and Home Theatres

What do the two have in common you may ask…or you may be asking “what? There’s CHOCOLATE VODKA?!” So, I’ll tell ya.

Last night James and I went to Charlotte for the Charlotte Browncoats shindig. Co-incidently (probably not ;) ) scheduled for Chinese New Year. We had Chinese food, good company, and we watched the movie Serenity, which is the whole purpose of any good Browncoats shindig. For the uninitiated, the TV show Firefly and resultant movie Serenity, take place in the future, when the world’s 2 superpowers, the US and China have merged, and Everyone speaks both English and Chinese. It’s kind of a futuristic western in space. With Chinese curse words. ;-)

Our hosts Tod and Maricia (sorry I don’t know if that’s spelled correctly!) were most gracious, and they have the most awesome home theatre set up I’ve seen in a long time! One room in their home has been given up to movies, …and Maricia’s toy castles fetish, but that’s a whole n’other story…they’ve got a big movie screen, an HD projector and a great sound system. PLUS, reclining seats with cupholders! There’s two levels of course for proper viewing pleasure. Pics can be seen at the CLT Browncoats Yahoo group photo albums. linked above

Ok, on to the chocolate vodka….Danny, the group’s resident pharmacist, brought the booze. And he brought a bottle of chocolate vodka and I just gotta say that if this had been invented when I was a teenager, I’d be dead now from cirrhosis! Wow, it is very yummy, and goes down very nicely, no mixer needed. Although, Tanya said it would probably be good mixed with some Godiva liqueur for a good chocolate martini. I’ll have to get to the ABC store and see if I can find me some! For my non-North Carolina and Canadian readers, the ABC store is the liquor store, ABC stands for Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission. Beer and wine are sold in grocery stores and convenience stores down here, but spirits are sold at the ABC store. Can you believe I’ve lived here over 2 years and I’ve never stepped foot in one? Horror and nightmares! ;-)

Here’s Danny’s CLT Browncoats myspace

I’m not a myspacer, but I know lots of people are, including some of the Firefly/Serenity cast, so ya never know, you may make some new friends.

Well, it was a good night. And now I’m wondering which walls I can knock out here to make us one of those shiny home theatres like Tod’s.
 
Comments:
Chocolate Vodka. Two of my favourite vices poured in one glass. Heck, forget the glass. Just hand me the bottle. :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Well, this Canadian in particular is living with her American husband and 2 Saint Bernard dogs, and trying to get a home based business with Watkins up and running!
If you're interested in starting your own Watkins home based business, take a look at My Shopping and Information Site. Watkins ships anywhere in North America.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a Canadian, married to an American, living in North Carolina since October 2004. To anyone who thinks this wouldn't be such a big difference in lifestyle, wow! think again!

Archives
August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]