What's a Canadian doing in North Carolina?
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
  Life...or something like it...
This week in the news I've seen a couple of things that just about made my head explode. The first was a letter to the editor of our little paper here, a (seemingly) unprovoked rant about abortion and the evils of it. This woman went on and on for quite a few paragraphs how no matter where you're from, no matter your age, race, creed or religion (or lack thereof, she even mentioned atheists), if you become pregnant, you must have the baby, because it is God's will. Even if you were raped you must give birth to that baby, because it is God's will.

There is no choice in the matter. God meant for you to be raped at the age of 12 and to get pregnant. Go forth and multiply. And if the baby is a result of pre-marital or extra-marital sex, well then you still must have the baby, but you're still going to hell I suppose. Damned if you do, damned if you don't so what the hell eh? ugh.

Boggles me. Really does. I'd just like to hear her opinion though when her teenaged daughter comes home pregnant after being violently raped and beaten er summat. sheesh.

Another mind boggler was the animal rights activists who say that a baby polar bear at a zoo in Germany should be euthanized because its mother had rejected it.

Their rationalization of course is that it is unnatural for a baby polar bear to be fed by hand and raised by humans.

Apparently the fact that a polar bear being conceived and born in captivity in Germany is perfectly normal. :p sheesh. Get a grip!

It hurts my head it does. Really.

Happy Spring-tide btw. Didn't do much of anything to welcome the day, other than go shopping for new clothes after work because I'm getting so fat nothing in my drawers or closets fit anymore. I'm hopelessly depressed about it too. Its the thyroid medication. I've gained more than 2 sizes since I started taking it and getting fatter by the day. I'm not eating more. I'm actually excersizing more, and yet I just get fat. If it keeps up at this rate, by the end of summer I'll be about 300 pounds. No kidding.

Just call me Buddah. Too bad enlightenment didn't come with the extra weight.
 
Comments:
I shall call you Baby Buddha. I am the mumma Buddha. If your thyroid meds are causing the weght gain could you not ask to have the dosage altered? Thyroid is supposed to keep our metabolism straight. If yours isn't becacuse of medication, shouldn't it be changed? I'm no expert, but there are at least four women in my office on Thyroid meds, both hyper and hypo, and all had to play around with dosage until it was right for them. I know your is for Graves (?) but similar symptoms.

Just a mummy worriting about her babe.

luv
 
I'm quite sure its the meds, but I've had to reschedule my follow up appointment 3 times. First 2 times because of work and James' surgery, the third time because I was lost and showed up late. They're not at all forgiving down here :-p

My 6 week follow up therefore is about 3 months past due, and scheduled for sometime early May IIRC.

And depending what it will cost, I may need to reschedule again. I won't have insurance yet. :-p
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Well, this Canadian in particular is living with her American husband and 2 Saint Bernard dogs, and trying to get a home based business with Watkins up and running!
If you're interested in starting your own Watkins home based business, take a look at My Shopping and Information Site. Watkins ships anywhere in North America.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a Canadian, married to an American, living in North Carolina since October 2004. To anyone who thinks this wouldn't be such a big difference in lifestyle, wow! think again!

Archives
August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]